MEET HANNAH ZALE,
a driven young powerhouse based in Atlanta, GA with wild curly hair whose unique musical style combines her classical training, love of the blues narrative, and rock n’ roll attitude. The bold front-woman and songwriter has headlined well-known venues like The Georgia Theatre and Eddies Attic, making audiences lust after her velvety vocals delivered with the masterful sureness of a seasoned performer. You simply cannot look away when this rock chick hits the stage; her raw emotive nature and dance moves are intoxicating. Zale and her band will keep you wanting more of their alternative rock sound by seamlessly showcasing a wide range of moods, techniques, and tones in the same set. This band consistently delivers rock n roll music you can feel in your bones and want to tell your friends about.
ZALE is also a member of a female Rock duo called The Pussywillows with her writing partner and best friend, Carly Gibson. As a recent graduate of The University of Georgia, Zale earned degrees in Social Media Theory and Music Business and now the soulful songstress is putting her education to the ultimate test, zealously managing her career as an independent artist. Zale has been called “a combination of Amy Winehouse and The Black Keys;” “soulful, sublime, and Southern”; and “a fiery combination of soul, grit, and Jack Daniels Honey” …get yourself a taste.
- Classically trained in opera.
- Acted in 25+ musicals through the years, singing and dancing her way into hearts across Middle Georgia.
- Sang her first song in public at age 3 at her sister’s Bat Mitzvah.
- Wrote her first song at age 14.
- Obsessed with all 90s music, which comes in handy when performing with Turnipblood Entertainment band Y2K. learn more or book for your private event – http://turnipbloodent.com/bands/
- Has been wearing the same perfume – Daisy by Marc Jacobs – since she was 13.
- Loves influencing the next generation; she’s been a nanny, preschool teacher, songwriting coach, Sunday school teacher, and is aunt to a fabulous 4 year old.
- Believe it or not, this rock goddess was in sororities in high school and college.
- Drinks Jack Daniels exclusively. See her JACK FIRE COMMERCIAL.
- Wears her leather jacket way too far into the warm season.
- Her dream venue to play is Red Rocks.
- Studied voice at the elite Jan Smith Vocal Studio.
- Enjoys reading crime novels, hiking, cooking, yoga, learning sign language, and shopping for vintage clothes.
- Biggest musical influences are Amy Winehouse, Etta James, Alanis Morissette, Led Zeppelin, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The London Grammar, Jack White, Grace Potter, and Carol King.
- Is a Georgia girl born and bred; only seen snow twice in her life.
- Loves the podcast series “This American Life” when driving on tour.
- Has no tattoos.
- Was a pageant girl… she hoped for world peace and a large brownie.
- Wrote over half the songs on her current record while in the shower.
- Pho is life. Pizza is a close second.
- Was the front woman of an Athens, GA based rock band called Boomfox for 5 years. The group released two EP’s available on iTunes.
- Loves being on camera; hosting, acting and voiceovers – bring it on!
- ZALE is not her last name.
- Life’s ambition is to perform her original music for people who want to listen.